Welcome to our Program!
The Southern Illinois Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program (SI Bridges) is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and provides paid biomedical and behavioral science research training and professional development for underserved community college students. Students receive assistance in transferring to SIU and completing a baccalaureate degree in science, technology, engineering, math, or social science disciplines.
SI Bridges is a partnership amongst Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIU), John A. Logan College (JALC), and Shawnee Community College (SCC).
HOW WILL THE PROGRAM BENEFIT YOU?
The SI Bridges program will give you a leg up as you pursue educational and career-oriented goals. You will be a part of something exciting and transformative. Here are some of the advantages of participating in our program:
- Every activity in SI Bridges is a paid experience
- SI Bridges enhances professional skills through research and academic training
- Your career will move forward by engaging in cutting-edge research that aligns with your interests
- You will explore career opportunities few undergraduates know about
- You will be part of a community of learners who provide mutual support
- You will be more prepared and receive more support to transfer to a four-year institution
- SI Bridges will enhance your chances of going on to graduate school and/or entering a high-paying career
- You will be trained to make significant contributions in the areas of human health and well-being